*Blows off dust*
So...seems we all kinda grew quiet again, heh. Well, if you're checking this out, I was thinking of doing a few blog posts on OPs, EDs, and random music from anime. I'm sure you guys have a list, heh.
Before I list mine, do be aware that spoilers can be contained in the OPs so, be careful. I'll list a warning for those that do, but still be careful.
-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni:
First and foremost, I love how artistic this OP is. Its very bizarre at times, which fits in well with Higurashi. Nothing more to be said, really.
-Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG:
Bit annoyed that I can't seem to find just the OP version of it, but there's the full song instead. Inner Universe (also by the singer/band Origa) is good but Rise to me has more of a punch to it. The visuals of it as well are quite good, especially the shot of the Major and the rest of Section 9 standing against a pure white backdrop. Its simplistic, yet stark (especially as they're all in dark clothing).
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (#1):
I had to think hard on which of Brotherhood's OPs I liked most. The fifth one I also like, but in the end the first won it for me. From the first shot of a young Hohenheim to the shots of battle between the Homunculi and the Brothers, its quite good. And I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for lip synching with songs like Hawkeye and Winry do in it.
-Fullmetal Alchemist (#4)
I'm kinda following a rule of "One per show" so far, and this sorta skirts the line, but I have to include it. Easily my favorite of the four OPs from the original FMA. I love the opening shot of the elevator and then the hidden city, shots of all the characters. And it also includes what is probably my favorite shot of Mustang (him at the desk with the drink. Its so...poetic).
-Baka and Test (First Season):
I admit I feel goofy for liking it but I can't help but like it. Catchy, engrish (but not too heavy with it thankfully), bright visuals, energetic. I found myself humming it as of late, heh.
-Darker than Black (#2):
I just enjoy the energy of this OP, as well as the fight scene in it. I've heard some call this the "Initial D opening" for DtB, due to the car stuff at the start, and I do have to agree it kind of is similar. Not a bad thing though. While I never really cared for Initial D, the music I enjoyed.
-Evangelion:
Classic, 'nuff said.
-Cowboy Bebop:
If I have to even explain why this is one of my favorites...heh.
So, those're mine (not a complete list, as I'm sure I'm forgetting some). What are some of your's?
10.06.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've wanted to check out Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, but since it's horror, I've needed to be in the right mood to watch it. You'll have to tell me what your thoughts are on it, Maenos.
I'm curious about Baka and Test. It sounds fun.
You posted a couple of my favorites - Rise (agree with you about the animation - it's a great compliment to the music) and Darker than Black's second OP. Anything from the first FMA strikes a nostalgic chord for me. I really like that final ED for FMA.
I'm going to follow suit with a post of my own. Thanks for revving up the blog a little, Maenos. :)
Just as with everything else in my life, my mood determines what I like at any given moment. There are a lot of OPs and EDs I like just because they're done in English by some of my favorite VAs, but there are also some others I love in Japanese. As Kate said, almost anything from FMA hits me, though RSG and UNDO are probably my favorites of those, followed by Rewrite. I really enjoy the first One Piece OP in both English and Japanese just because it's so energetic and fun. Dad always says when he hears the OP from Fruits Basket he thinks of me because I sat in the living room watching it so many times while he was at his computer. Tank and Real Folk Blues are brilliant pieces of music, and the end title song from Spirited Away, Always With Me, is so beautiful and captivating for me. I'm actually really enjoying both the ED and the OP for DBZ Kai as well, though again because they were done by favorite VAs.
I know Funimation has (at least in the past) tended to produce an English version of the OP and/or ED of some of their licenses. They did that with Fruits Basket, and more recently with Ouran. Never touched FMA for probably fairly obvious reasons. So, when you mention your favorite VAs, Angela, are you referring to the English version of these songs? Just curious. I think when done well, both versions can be very good. They did a solid job with both Ouran's opener and closer, for example.
I don't know too many Japanese VAs, so it's the English ones I refer to when I talk about them for the most part. And yes, I like the English versions of a lot of these songs. Japanese ones are good too, but I like being able to sing along without subtitles sometimes.
I don't know...I can sing along to all of the Clannad OP and ED (my kids can even sing part of the Dango song...which is either really cool or really really geeky that they know it). I prefer Japanese, but this is the same discussion we've had a million times. :)
Post a Comment